Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Early August 2012



August 1, 2012
Apparently I can’t blog while juggling the Olympics and Mob Week on AMC.  Shame on them for being on at the same time.  I will say that I’ve been pleased with NBC’s coverage.  They seem to be showing some of all the events.  Those of us with limited channels appreciate it.  Go USA!!!

August 2, 2012
I never measured any of this, but this should be in the ballpark:  Grilled Asparagus is one of my favorite sides.  Here is my take. 
2 bunches of fresh asparagus washed and dried.
3 T EVOO
2-3 minced garlic cloves
1 T kosher of sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
While heating the grill – combine all ingredients in a Ziploc bag and shake to coat.  Let sit for 10-15 minutes.  Shake again.  Remove from bag & place on a grill being careful to put the stalks all pointing the same direction so they won’t fall through.  I constantly ‘toss’ with tongs to keep it moving to prevent burning (okay one time I didn’t, thanks Joel!)  Cooking only takes about 5 minutes. Serve 8.  It’s a very tasty side that can be cooked while the meat you grilled rests properly to avoid dryness.  Bon appétit.

August 3, 2012
Dong Dong won gold in Trampoline at the Olympics, just in case you missed it.  I never knew that was an event………. Or a name.

August 4, 2012
I don’t know what the song is or who is singing it but the tune on the new Sons of Anarchy trailer has been stuck in my head for a few weeks now.  I like it.
There is an American rower at the Olympics named Charles Cole.  Never been an Olympian before.  Sweet!!

Back to this trampoline thing.  That is the single craziest event I’ve watched.  You should YouTube it or something.  Those guys are insane.  One wrong move, and if you’re not careful, you could lose you’re ____________!  (Insert any word or name, or gold medalist from this event, to create a funny, but possibly crude & offensive joke).  Okay I’m done. 

Who else is excited that we are 4 weeks away from some football?

I haven’t shaved or even trimmed my beard in 5 months.  And you should be jealous, because I look …….. Okay.  I look pretty scraggly.  But I don’t mind.  Uncle Franky has held the title long enough.  It’s time he has a challenger.  I was always envious of his face cloak.  Now I’m creating my own.
     

1 comment: