Monday, August 20, 2012

End of July 2012



July 19, 2012
I just realized that the wedding band in Old School and in Hangover is the same.

Don’t be mad, but I put some more thought into my working of math problems in my head.  To put it simply, [(x-1) * (x+1)] + 1 = x2.  Translation is easy.  If 152 = 225, then 14 x 16 = 224 + 1 is also 225.  And if you multiply 23 and 25 and add 1, you will have 242  which is 476.  See, simple.  (3,473  x  3,475 +1 = 3,4742.  

July 21, 2012
 Sure was good to visit with my momma today.  It’s been about a month, so I was past due for a hug.  Thanks for taking the time.

July 22, 2012
I am horrible at remembering dates, but I have never forgotten that today is your birthday.  Strange, I know, but Happy Birthday anyways.

July 24, 2012
It’s very hot outside.  Seldom does it get this hot that I’m not reminded of a dead armadillo.  It was hot outside, and I was called to Bo’s house to “help”.  His dog had killed an armadillo in the back yard and it had started to turn, to say the least.  Putrid does not begin to describe how bad this thing smelled.  Bo claimed he couldn’t handle it, and he was correct, the dry heaves were in full force.  So, me, being the good friend I am, agreed to give it the old college try.  It was bad.  I first tried to use a shovel – but then for some reason still unknown, I thought a more hands-on approach was necessary.  I got a grocery bag and was going to place my hands, and using it as a barrier, pull the armadillo into the bag thus turning the bag wrong side out.  Here was the problem, it was hot and it had been deceased for longer that we thought.  It came apart in my hands and released an odor exponentially more foul that we had previously been exposed to.  Also, the bag did not provide a properly sanitary barrier and to say my hands come into contact with some straight-up funk would be an understatement.  So then we got a garbage bag and returned to the shovel and gagged and coughed and heaved our way through it.  It ended with me on the tail gate, bag in hand, down Simmons Rd and I flung it in the ditch.  I’m pretty sure I washed my hands a dozen time that day before the stench was gone.  I’m also sure it was a good while before they were “mentally” clean.  Scarred for life!

July 25, 2012
Well, I got a new cellie change today.  The old man moved to RDAP & I got a new, young guy that so far seems like he will be okay.  We shall see.

July 26, 2012
Ha Ha.  My new cellie is also a fan of the Baker’s of Ripley.  Jeremy Hall knows all about Bobby.  That guy is famous!
The only three times I’ve ever died from dysentery was while I was on the Oregon Trail.  I have since recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment