Friday, August 10, 2012

Mid July 2012 #2



July 16, 2012
Got to see Daddy & Rob tonight.  Had some laughs, a little food, good times.

July 17, 2012
Well, my cellie was just told to prepare to be moved to rehab.  Good for him, but makes me a tad unsettled.  Getting a new cellie is like a box of chocolates.  That’s all I’m gonna say about that.

Just a reminder Roy, it’s win the camaros.com.  Ha ha.

Found out today that my buddy Sea Bass is in the hospital with diverticulitis.  Praying that he gets better quickly and returns to his awesomeness.

The dip recipe that I recently posted would go well on top of tacos too.  Especially if it was a nice skirt steak or flank steak that was seasoned grilled & sliced and served in some soft shells with some sour cream.  YES PLEASE!!!!

Today’s song is “Fix You.” Or should I say, today’s 3 songs are “Fix You.”  Three versions and they can all stand on their own.  Cold Play impressed with the original, Straight No Chaser smoothed it out with a mellow, acapella arrangement, & Street Corner Symphony, on the second season of NBC’s, The Sing Off, killed it with another acapella rendition that still gives me goose bumps when the help comes in at the end.  Pleasure to my ear holes!

Since I was asked, here is my educated guess: 64 – number of inmates in my particular pod, consisting of:  40 black, 20 white, 4 Hispanic consisting of: 12 crips, 8 gangster disciples, 6 vice lords, 5 Arian brotherhood, 3 Arian nation 3 Sunni Muslim, and 3nation of Islam.  Now, this is all observation of course.  But, this really is a prison.   
 We were locked down for the last 2 ½ weeks because some bad things happened.  I don’t want to offend anyone with my light-hearted jovial blogging.  This is my life.   And this blog is what takes my mind away from it.  I know this is not a game.  I pray every day that safety be provided for me & others.  And I will continue to do so.  And FYI, both blacks and whites are in crips, gd s, & vice lords.  But not this guy.

July 18, 2012
My previously mentioned great-grandfather was getting ready to turn 5 when Nelson Mandela was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment