Monday, September 10, 2012

Early August 2012



August 4, 2012
Seeing Grandaddy in the Independent with all those medals around his neck sure put a smile on my face.  He’ll be 99 this month.  Still lives by himself.  Still bowls a few times a week.  THE patriarch.  An inspiration to many, a hero to many, a positive influence to all who’ve met him.  His wit, his charm, his infectious laugh, his love, his whiskery hugs…… long live the Grandaddy!
Today was a good day.  Good food at the chow hall.  UFC on Fox.  Borrowed a guitar from a neighbor.  Almost normal.

August 6, 2012
I wish I had a mechanical device that greedily gathered up all shrubbery.  Get it?
Today marks six months that I have been locked up. 1/16 of my time gone, 15/16 to go.  It’s actually going by pretty quickly.  It’s something that is a learning experience, and as the time goes by, I hope I continue to learn.  Hopefully, I will lose more bad habits than I pick up.

Roy made fun of my beard tonight.  He came to visit with Mom & Dad, and I haven’t shaved or trimmed my beard in 5 months.  Jealousy is the word he should have been searching for.

August 7, 2012
I think it’s interesting that my buddy that lets me borrow his guitar is tone deaf.  He seems to have perfect pitch when it comes to tuning the guitar, and I mean seriously anal about it being in tune.  But when he opens his mouth to sing, WOW, absolute rubbish.  Couldn’t carry a tune if his life depended on it.  How is this possible?

August 9, 2012
For those of you that didn’t get it, it was a bush-hog.  Strangely named things are funny sometimes.

August 10, 2012
I love Sudoku.  I’m not afraid to admit it.  But today I discovered Kakuro.  I think I will have a love/hate relationship with it.  It’s very different.  I’m sure it will grow on me.

I know by the time you read this it will be over, but John Wayne is on AMC this weekend.  I’m still getting in the last few drops of Olympic goodness, but it’s good to have a designated channel to hop to during commercial breaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment