Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mid Sept.2012



September 14, 2012
Today, I got a job as Pod Librarian.  Looking forward to having something to do.  Thanks for all the prayers & concerns.

September 15, 2012
It is, in fact, not so great….. to be….. a Tennessee Vol. L
Had a very fine visit with Momma today.  It’s crazy that we have so much to discuss after so many years.  Really, good day. 
I have hand selected 10 of our finest books to be introduced to the pod.  A few Pattersons, Grishams, a Keillor, a Grizzard, a Bombeck.  They’ll never know what to expect.

September 17, 2012
Proverbs 27:7 talked to me today.  It’s all about appreciating what you have.  I lived a good life.  I had the job, the wife, the income, the family, the health…. It was all taken for granted.  Now I’ve been stripped pretty bare.  I regret that it took a tumble down the mountain for me to appreciate how high I had climbed.  I think the most important thing is that I still have the family.  And the health.  It just got me thinking and thought I would share.  Take a minute today & be thankful for where you are and what/who you have.  You never know when there might be a tumble ahead.

A year ago I was in Hilton Head for a computer conference.  I was able to sneak in some R & R while I was there, which for me meant playing several rounds of golf.  Nothing like getting up before the sun, grabbing a bite to eat, and being first one to hit the course.  I was very  fortunate to work with and for people I could call friends.  I have many, many good memories of Mill Masters & am glad I had the luxury of being their employee for 11 ½ years.

Mark & his wife, Janna, are days away from welcoming girl #2 into the world.  So happy for them.  And I very much look forward to meeting my niece one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment