Thursday, October 18, 2012

End of Sept. 2012



September 20, 2012
Found out today that one of the guys in here that I’ve gotten to be friends with is moving.  He’s going to be closer to his home & be at an annex which means more freedoms & a better job.  Good for him, not so great for me.  But I wish him well.

September 21, 2012
Daddy’s birthday today.  I sent him a letter to wish him a good one, but I’m not ashamed to say on here that I love him.  And I miss him.  And I wish I was there with him.  Happy Birthday to my favorite “Daddy” in the world.

Sept. 22, 2012
Just completed my first week of work in quite a while.  Think I’ll sit back, watch some football, play some cards, and if I feel froggy, have a ramen noodle soup.  Let the weekend begin.

Sept. 23, 2012
“Freshmen” by the Verve Pipe.  Pretty good tune.  Brings back the memories.
I have finished my pursuit of math “squares” relationships.  I won’t include it on here just yet, but you can be certain that it will make it one day.  It’s going to take me awhile to figure out how to translate it from thought into quality reading.  I’m sure you’re on the edge of your seat.

Sept. 26, 2012
Well, she’s here!  Regan Lee Cole was born today.  Everyone is doing well so I’m told.  I’m sure Miss Makenlee will have to adjust, but I hear she already want to play.  Bless them all.

Sept. 28, 2012
Okay, here is my dilemma/ opinion/observation/belief.  Food rarely tastes as good as it’s supposed to.  I can see a picture or a commercial and be completely sold on the idea of something.  But then I try it, and it’s never as good as I thought it should or would be.  A perfect example is almost all Italian food.  For most of my life I have claimed that Italian food is my favorite.  But rarely have it eaten it and been completely satisfied.  It’s always good, but hardly ever great.  The same goes for other food genres.  This may seem weird, or even sad, but it’s the truth.  I think it’s a big reason I have always enjoyed cooking so much.  Because the Olive Garden & Old Town Spaghetti Store never have quenched my taste buds.  Very good, but not great.  I want great, I seek great.  Just needed to get that off my chest.

Sept. 30, 2012
Today was a good day.  Talked to Mark earlier & got to hear all about what’s going on in Texas, and I talked to Rob & got caught up on his family.  I miss them all so much.  It’s good to hear their voices though & have a few minutes of normal conversion.  Love you guys.

Oct. 1, 2012
Animals Planet’s show Eating Giants is awesome.  And gross.  I can’t imagine how bad a dead hippo would smell on about the fourth day in the African sun.  But I can’t stop watching it. 
Today’s song is “Yellow Brick Road” by Elton John.  I really, really like it.  It’s not new, but it sounds really good.  Brings back good memories.
Oct. 3, 2012
Am I the only person who ever printed off a scoville scale (measure the heat in peppers) & gone to a Mexican grocery store to purchase chili powders?  Yea, I figured I was.  But, I’m not ashamed to admit it.  Small price to pay if you want to make some amazing chili.

No comments:

Post a Comment