Monday, October 8, 2012

Early September 2012



September 3, 2012
Mom, Dad, & Roy came for a visit today.  It’s always good to see Roy.  We sure had a lot of laughs the last few years. Living together, and then being neighbors.  I really enjoyed having him around.  I would have never guessed that out of all of us that he & I would have become the friendly roommates.  We didn’t see eye to eye as kids.  But I sure do miss him now.  And it’s always good to have him make me laugh & vice versa.

Sept. 5, 2012
Well, I have spent the last several days cheering for football teams to win that I don’t really follow, just trying to help, Georgia Tech for the Jeffords, NY Giants for Sanders, Vandy for Buford P. Tinkle, all for naught.  It looks as though I shouldn’t cheer for any team if you want them to win.  So consider me just a casual fan, who watches a lot of games.

Sept. 8, 2012
Learned a lot during my visit with Pops, Meenaw & Momma today.  Chitterlings are on their menu the next few days. Have to say I’m a little jealous.  It’s always good to see them It bring a smile to my face for days.  I got some ancestry info that I had been wondering about.  Lots of laughs, lots of love.

Sept. 10, 2012
“These Eyes” by The Guess Who, made even funnier by Michael Cera/Evan in the movie Superbad.  Good song….and hilarious.

Sept. 12, 2012
I had an idea last night.  Everybody, at least I do, loves homemade pizza.  But it can be a little work.  Well, here is a semi-homemade way to have it that is easier and possibly cheaper.  Rather than buying the dough & sauce, go to Little Caesars & get one of their Hot-N-Ready cheese pizzas.  You can cook up your Italian Sausage or ground beef and put it on top with more cheese, pop it in about a 300* oven until the cheese melts. Gotta be tasty.  I think some spinach, mushrooms & onions or maybe sausage, pepperoni & peppers. Or bacon, ground beef, onion & pickles.  Be creative, make up your own, just make sure you cook raw meats first before adding them.   I’m just jealous that I can’t participate in trying it out.  Let me know how it goes. 

 Sept. 13, 2012
The Great Outdoors was on a few days ago and ever since, Wilson Pickett’s “Land of 1,000 Dances” has been stuck in my head.  Catchy tune, I suppose and a classic movie.  Would be a good one to watch on a cold, rainy day.  The song is featured at the end as Dan Akroid(?) dances.  Classic all the way around.

Sept. 14, 2012
I’m addicted to Sudoku, and I’m pretty awesome at it. 
Me and my buddies sit around with the grocery ads from the Independent and “wish”.  It’s pretty sad….. and funny.  Do you get the feeling my life revolved around food?  What gives it away?

No comments:

Post a Comment