Saturday, October 27, 2012

Early Oct. 2012



Oct. 2, 2012
I think today is the first time I have been full since I have been here.  A strange and AWESOME  feeling.  We had breakfast for dinner, which has always been a favorite of mine.  I did some horse trading and got an extra tray.  So I had six pancakes, 2 ice cream scoops of peanut butter, 2 helping of fried potatoes, 2 helpings of baked apples, & 2 milks.  This guy is going to sleep with a big smile on his face!

Oct. 4, 2012
Just a good day today.  Not a lot to talk about, just thankful for family and friends.
It’s amazing how many different ways there are to spruce up a ramen noodle soup.  I’m sure I’ll show you one day, but I’m also sure I won’t help you eat it.  I imagine I’ll be burnt out.

Oct. 6, 2012
Today marks 1/12th of my time being gone.  8 months has gone by fairly quickly.  I’m sure as you all read these blog postings you’ve noticed that maybe some of my priorities are changing.  I’ve noticed it.  I’m trying to be more thankful for things, as well as not place so much hope and thought into material things.  I’m sure my thoughts may become cyclical.  I haven’t thought about golf in quite a while, but still love it.  I have a list of stories to tell, off the wall stuff that I’ll get to one day.  But recently I’ve just kinda held off.  I try to write enough to keep current.  Don’t lose interest if one day isn’t funny.  Some days are better than others I guess.  I love you all.  Thanks for taking the time to think of me today.  

Oct. 9, 2012
Just an FYI, if I do happen to get out early, today means I’ve done 1/10th of it.  Here’s hoping.

Today I’ve written 9 letters.  I know it’s about time right.  Sorry, I only write when I have something to say.  I’m blessed to get so much mail.  Sometimes it can get overwhelming to reply to.  I’m getting pretty good at writing faster though.  Practice makes better.  My handwriting will never be perfect.

Today’s tune comes from season 2 of The Sing-off.  Street Corner Symphony’s “Everybody Wants to Rule the World” is awesome (and available on I Tunes). LOL.

Oct. 11, 2012
It’s a great day to be alive says Travis Tritt.  Today, I agree.  It’s strange how the mind can take you to so many different places.  Dark & evil.  Funny memories.  Happy thoughts.  I’m sure you’ve experienced all of those today.  I have.  But a lot more happy thoughts lately…. And that’s good.

Oct. 14, 2012
Laney Robin is 9 today.  I sure do miss seeing her tumbling around everywhere.  She’ll be nearly grown before I see her again, but I hope she’ll remember her Dub.  I miss her & think about all of them daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment