Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mid-May 2012


I’m guessing that this prison gets “X” amount of money for every inmate they get to take the GED test.  Well, the buck stops here.  I can’t think of how else to explain to them that I do not need my GED.

I wish I had owned a horse at some point.  I never was a great rider, or even a confident rider, but I did enjoy it.  Maybe that can be a future hobby of mine.

With a little luck, I will get to the library this week.  I was able to sign the sheet for it.  I did get to glance in there & it should be adequate.  No matter what kind of books they have, I’m sure I haven’t read most of them.  That will not be the case when I leave. LOL.

From season 3 of The Singoff, Delilah singing “Grenade” blew my mind.  But I think Kat Smith enjoyed it even more than I did.  They fizzled towards the end, but they definitely stole the show that night.  Look it up.  Them gals can wail!

Whatever happened to Mr. Belvedere?  Now, that was some must see TV.

The youngest daughter on “Growing Pains” is in the movie “The Help”.  BTW, if you haven’t seen that movie you should take the time to do so.  That’s all.

I almost slept thru breakfast this morning.  I was dreaming that I was in line at Subway having just ordered a footlong meatball with extra cheese.  I was waiting to tell her my toppings of choice when I was half awakened by the CO yelling, “Chow!”  I thought, I don’t need to go, I just ordered food.  I was saddened once I became fully awake, then had to rush to not miss the meal.  And that’s how this rough day got started.

Sessions, your letter was appreciated & hilarious! And yes, we’re brothers for sure.

Toilet paper here is worth more than gold. And I just hit the mother lode!

I don’t have a potato salad recipe.  I don’t recall ever makin it.  But I can tell you where to go for the best.  For years I said that Brooksie’s Barn had the best.  And it is very good, very bacony good.  But you can find the best potato salad in Mason, TN at Gus’s Fried Chicken.  The chicken is extremely good, the potato salad is awesome, and the slaw is great too.  If I ever made potato salad, that’s what I would shoot for.

I feel very confident that out of all the people who read this particular post, there may be only one who has seen “Dumb & Dumber” more times than I have.  And that’s a BIG MAYBE.

I got my TV today.  I may not get anything done for a few days.  Hell, I may not get out of bed for a few days.  I got some catching up to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment