Saturday, June 9, 2012

Late May


Forced school today.  I still know exponential numbers, compound & complete sentences.  I still know a dependant clause from a simple predicate. And I, unlike the folks in charge here, still know my ass from a hole in the ground.  And I still will not, I repeat will not, take the GED test.
I did get several letters written while in class today.  I appreciate all of the correspondence I’ve gotten from you all.  I try to keep information about me on here, so my reply to your mail may not be extremely detailed.  I do like to get back to you though; it just may not be immediate.  They do keep my mind active & always bring a smile.  Thank you for the support and prayers. 
May 17, 2012
I guess I will stop complaining about having to go to school.  Even though I won’t take the actual test, this class does make the time go by.  The test is next week, so do I take it, so I can pass & get out, or do I refuse it?  That is the question.
May 21, 2012
It’s gotta be “Staying Alive” by the Bee Gees.  RIP Mr. Gibb.
I had a good weekend.  I didn’t get anything written on here, but I had some pretty good food & a few naps.  Plus I got to watch some golf & NBA playoffs.  Almost felt like a normal few days.
I have gotten a lot of mail the past few weeks.  I know I still owe a few replies.  I’m trying to get to them all.  Some are harder to write than others.  And I know out in the real world that it’s not easy to sit down & write a letter.  So I thank you for thinking of me.  I think of you all often.
The Old Testament.  I’m currently following a plan to read the Bible in a year.  I’ve never done it before.  The plan I have kinda skips around, Genesis, Romans, Exodus, Luke, etc.  One thing that boggles my mind is how much killing goes on by Israel. They wiped out what seems like entire family lines, entire races, entire countries.  And all of it was on the direction of God.  It just seems ………shocking.  They were the chosen people, yet they constantly angered God & ignored His commands. They received chance after chance.  I think a lot of us can agree that we too have been given many, many chances.  I know I have.  I’ve never been a big religious person.  I have my beliefs.  I have my struggles. But I know I won’t be given more than I can handle.  And I know I am loved.
American Ninja Warrior comes on NBC tonight.  That is awesome.  I’m gonna watch the crap outta that.
May 22, 2012
It was really good to see Daddy last night.  His beard is getting pretty white. I think mine’s longer though!
I have a question……. Why in the hell is China making parts for US military software in the first place?  Of course they’re going to cut corners & lie & cheat & steal.  That’s what China does with everything.  No wonder this country is in the shape it’s in.
I already mentioned Robin Gibbs, but just for humor’s sake, you should watch the SNL videos with Jimmy Fallon & Justin Timberlake playing Barry & Robin on “Talking it Up”.  Hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment