Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Early May 2012


From Whiteville, TN                                                    Early May 2012
I am officially in Whiteville.  I have apparently been put in the gang unit at least that is what my 65-year old cell mate says. LOL. It will be quite an experience I’m sure.  I just pray for strength and wisdom to get thru the days and nights ahead.

I was looking forward to the nice scenic drive from WTSP to WCF.  Instead they crammed 12 of us into a windowless van large enough to safely hold 9 & swerved the entire ride.  I was looking forward to the fond memories of Hardeman County.  Instead I was reminded of what the Bolivar Jr. High football locker room smelled like.  I was sandwiched between 2 big black guys that I’m sure were happy that I had showered recently.  I’m certain it didn’t rub off on them though.  It was hot, sticky, & an overall unpleasant experience. Stay out of prison kids.  Especially if you don’t like the smell of big black guys.  This place has a lot of that.  A lot of big , white guy smell too.  And some old guy smell.  I know there are some out there laughing.  I’ve always had a delicate sense of smell.  I can’t help it.  I have a sensitive nose.

I actually haven’t had the drive to write lately.  With my moving, the anxiety of everything, the waiting around, the changing of cells, talking to counselors about jobs & classes……………… Just trying to find the groove.  Been watching & observing rather than thinking.

My second day here was “Spring Fling.”  It was kind of a mixture of field day and spring carnival at East Chester.  Silly games to win tickets to use to buy concessions. Games like, stack 3 golf balls on top of one another, balance and stack up to five abc blocks on your head, unstuck & restack a pyramid of 10 cups in 10 seconds or less.  All in all there were about 30 games.  They also had free throws, shooting, and horse shoes.  It was unexpected really.  I just kinda stood back & soaked it in.  I’ll be ready to participate next year I suppose.  Too much going on for a new kid.

I am so ready to get my phone list turned in.  I have to make a list of 15 phone numbers I’ll be allowed to call.  Some of you already have Securus accounts & will be shew-ins.

I also may only have 8 visitors who aren’t immediate family.  I say that to say, it may take some shuffling around every 3-6 months in order to get everyone. You must fill out and mail in an application to be approved to visit me.  Talk to my parents about it if you are interested.

I appreciate all of the concerns, prayers, support, etc.  I’ve been told people are wanting to visit & make contact.  For now mail will be the best way to contact me. Here is my current information:

Charles Cole #501199
WCF
PO Box 679
Whiteville, TN 38075

Not sure if Corrie has it, but James Taylor’s “One Man Band” album is a must have for any JT fan.  Today’s tune is “Steamroller Blues.” It’s different from the one we love on his Greatest Hits, but it shows that he’s still got it.

I read in the Inmate Handbook (I don’t think it made it to Oprah’s book club,so don’t look for it in stores {and I know Oprah is over, so bite me}) that I could purchase a guitar if approved by the warden.  That is certainly something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment