Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mid-May 2012


Mid-May 2012
Tonight we had meatloaf with potatoes & gravy.  People, do me a favor please.  Someone go to Abbay’s and get some meatloaf & mashed potatoes.  Maybe some turnip greens too.  Send them to the Warden’s house.  They have lost touch with what things are supposed to look & taste like around here.  The meatloaf looked like a “blondie” (vanilla brownie) & tasted like it had liver in it.  I like liver. But, I like to expect the taste of liver before it attacks my senses.  The mashed potatoes literally tasted like cardboard.  Now I’ve heard instant potatoes described that way before, but they were mistaken.  Let me clarify.  I would rather eat cardboard than more of those potatoes.  I would prefer a paper product to their so-called “vegetable”.

If you don’t like being around a lot of black people I would recommend you not become an inmate at WCFA.  Just saying.

Pretty sure Keith B. & I would have attacked Jones Creek from the tips today & I would have lost by 2 strokes.  But only because it’s early in the season & my putter wasn’t working.  Keep hittin’em brother.  We shall meet again.

It was my theme song in some ways.  But, the way he can play that guitar is why I love it.  On the Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson Storytellers album, “Nightlife” is what’s playing on the jukebox in my head. “Listen to the blues they’re playin der der der der ……..”

Got mail from Mark & Mom yesterday. Two from Ash today.  I am fortunate.  Thanks all.  It makes my day to hear your stories.  I’ll reply when I can, but wanted to comment while I was writing.

Yesterday I talked my 65-year old celly, who apparently watches nothing but westerns & Law & Order re-runs, into watching the newer INCREDIBLE HULK movie.  Needless to say he was not impressed.  He won’t let me “pick” again for awhile I’m sure.  He’s funny.  He has made a few negative comments about it throughout today.  Like it keeps eating at him that I’m responsible for him missing a few Law & Order and Criminal Intent episodes that he’s already seen a dozen times each.

Today starts the beginning of a very bad cold or perhaps the flu.  It’s certainly not allergies.  I have now adopted Janna’s method of stuffing tissue up my nose rather that constant wiping & blowing my nose. Now to get the headache & overall yucky feeling to go away.

YEP.  Sick.  Sure could use some illusive noodle soup from Fuji-Yama.  For those of you that don’t know, it’s clear soup…. And you can’t catch the noodles until most of the broth is gone.  So Mark S. one day called it illusive noodle soup & the name stuck.  Next time you go there try to catch a noodle.  Just try.

I will not intentionally try to stretch the truth in my tales.  I will tell them as I remember them & try to find as much humor as I can.  This is a new hobby of mine and I don’t have a thesaurus so some adjectives may get redundant, but hopefully with time I will find my groove.  These stories, thoughts, etc. are strictly to take my mind away from the present.  If it occupies your time as well, then it is I that owes you the gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment