Monday, December 31, 2012

Early December 2012



Dec. 6, 2012
I had my picture taken today.  It’s almost Christmas & I thought I might take a pic & have someone scan it in & put on the blog.  But I’m being honest, the real reason is just so everyone can see my beard.  It turned 9 months old today and, even though it’s not walking yet, it’s pretty awesome.  And by awesome I mean ridiculous.  I always wanted to have an Uncle Franky/ZZ Top beard and in another year I’ll be there.  But in the meantime, I figured I could send a little teaser. If nothing else maybe you’ll get a laugh.

“When all is said & done, there is nothing left to say or do”…… Why did I just hear that for the first time?  Simple enough, & makes sense, & is kinda humorous.  I’ve just never heard it before.  And if you haven’t either, now you have.

Dec. 7, 2012
Today I calculated that, traveling at the speed of light for 1 year, you would travel roughly 58,747,626,000,000 miles which can be easier said as just under 59 trillion miles.  That’s a long way to travel in a years’ time. I would recommend not hanging your head out of the window if you’re planning on traveling that fast.  I won’t go into detail about the conversation that led me to “needing” to calculate this, but I think I can safely say that no one reading this would otherwise know this fun fact.  I know. Fun!  

Dec. 9, 2012
The Huckabys paid me a visit today.  Always lots of love & laughs when they come.  Be sure to ask Benji to/ show you his Riverdance dance moves next time you see him.  I’ve told it to a few people in here myself.  Good times.

Dec. 10, 2012
Well, I had to ‘sign’ for a disciplinary write-up today.  I was not sitting or standing for the 5:00am count this morning.  I did not hear them call it out.  Neither did 14 others out of this 64 man pod.  Sounds like a set-up to me.  All I got was a written warning.  But it does put me on package restriction for 6 months and it restarts the year-long clock in order to get permission to get a musical instrument.  Petty.

Speaking of guitar, the song of the day is a Jimi Hendrix cover of “Who Did You Think I Was?” by John Mayer at the 2010 Crossroads Music Festival.  It’s not on an album, but there used to be a YouTube video of it.  It may actually be the John Mayer Trio, but it’s all around amazing.  His smooth playing, his bassist jamming his tail off & the drummer whoopin the snot out of those skins.  All wrapped around a classic. You’re welcome.

3 comments:

  1. Well, speaking of the John Mayer Trio and the song Who did you think I was, it's not a cover, but an original and you can still find plenty of videos of it in youtube! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a Jimi Hendrix song "covered" by John Mayer Trio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trust me, its an original( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Who_Did_You_Think_I_Was). They do play a Jimi Hendrix song bust just after minute 3.15 in this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ahbb9rzMDg .

    ReplyDelete