Sunday, July 8, 2012

Mid June 2012


June 10, 2012
I had my picture taken today.  It’s the longest my hair has been in about 15 years.  It looks pretty raggedy.  A few more bald spots than I remember. And the ones I do remember have grown.  Not sure if the picture will reflect how awesome it looks, but I thought I needed record of it.  Man Mange!
Enough of that nonsense.  I JUST SHAVED MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

June 12, 2012
Happy Birthday to my wonderful momma.  I wouldn’t be here without her love & prayers.  I am very grateful.

If I were in the free world, I would be making a purchase today.  Jimmy Fallon’s record, “Blow Your Pants Off” hits today.  Hilariousness from his show.

June 13, 2012
I’ve started keeping a list of recipe ideas, key ingredients, & foods I want to try.  If you couldn’t already tell, food and cooking played a big part of my life.  E. T. & Bo can sympathize with me, but the absence of bacon in my diet is not something I was prepared for.  It is the most flavorful meat you know.  Anyways, things I see on TV or read about, I might as well record a wish list.  Goals if you will.  I can’t wait to cook again.

June 14, 2012
I can honestly say that when I came to prison, being able to watch the NBA Finals and even better, the US Open never came to mind.  But I must say, today was a good day.  I suppose it is the little things.

June 15, 2012
Part of today’s reading was Psalm 63.  There’s a song titles “Better Than Life” by Acapella that I never realized came from this passage.  Growing up it seems that most of what we listened to was acapella contemporary music.  Acapella, AVB, Take 6….. brings back a flood of memories.  For those of you that don’t know, my brothers & I sang together for years.  Acapella style (no music or accompaniment).  Churches, talent shows, funerals, wedding rehearsals.  Despite what any of us might say, we all enjoyed the ‘harmony’ it brought to us.

Shane Battier may just end up being the MVP of the Finals.  CLUTCH! They would never give it to him, them being Duke Haters & LeBron lovers, but his defense, as well as his 3-point shooting, will be the difference.  Just the same, GO HEAT!!!

I believe Clinton Kelly from “The Chew” is Chris Stanfill’s long lost brother.  It’s like he’s actually on TV.  Weird. And Awesome. Love ya buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment