Sunday, July 22, 2012

Late June Early July 2012


June 26, 2012
I just found out today that Austin Rivers is in the draft.  Not cool.  Too soon.  He needed one more year at Duke.  And we needed him to stay.  I am not happy about it.

Just a reminder, if you’re kind enough to mail to me, please include your return address.  Chuck Wade, love you bro!

And speaking of Chuck, today we’ll for old school with “Holy-Roller Novocain.”

June 28, 2012
Well, my first lock-down is underway.  I was looking forward to seeing Pops & Neenaw over the weekend, but it looks like that will be on hold until further notice. And it’s hottern a 4-balled monkey in here while we wait.  Should’ve ordered that fan.

June 29, 2012
I hope Laney Robin is watching this gymnastic Olympic Trials show on TV tonight.  I’m sure she is tumbling through the house if she is.  She should be about ready to be an Olympian herself when I get outta here. Can’t wait.

June 30, 2012
I’ve been thinking a lot about recipes lately. (shocker) This is my take on a nice fresh & clean tasting dip that would be good on a hot day.  It originated in TX.
1can black beans (drained)
1 can shoepeg corn (drained)
1 small red onion diced
 1 jalapeno (diced finely) optional
12-15 cherry or grape tomatoes (cut into 4ths) OR 1 meaty tomato (seeded and diced)
1/3 c fresh cilantro (chopped)
Just before serving add 2 avocados (diced) with the juice of ½ a lime keeps it from browning
Mix together with salt & pepper to taste. Serve with tortilla chips.  Another tip to help the avocado from turning brown is to put the pits in the dip container as well.  If you don’t eat is all it will not look appetizing later.

Dave Matthews Band’s “If I Had It All.” Not a well known tune, but I like it.  Don’t hate!

I can’t believe this weather.  I’m stuck inside of course, but it’s unreal how hot it is outside.  And no rain in sight.  Make sure to check on old people, & make sure your pets have shade & water.  Especially the pets, JK, kinda.

A quick shout-out to the McCaskill’s.  So thankful for the mags.  They sure make the time go by a little faster.  Love you guys.

July 1, 2012
Well this lock down has turned into a full-fledged shakedown.  No shower until at least the 9th of July they say.  Whore bath here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment