Thursday, July 12, 2012

Mid and Late June 2012


June 16, 2012
The Corolla ‘recruiter’ commercials are hilarious.  That Les Miles wanna-be makes me laugh. “You did a good job and I like your shoes.”

June 19, 2012
When one of God’s creatures is suffering, the pain & hurt can almost radiate into another.  And sometimes the other creature is forced to do the unthinkable.  Sometimes the only humane solution is to put it out of its misery.  It’s never an easy task, but it is a necessary evil.  Doesn’t it mean that you care more so that to just let the suffering continue?  Once I was asked by a friend to put a puppy down that was about 6 weeks old, but was still small & hadn’t opened its eyes.  It was a very difficult job.  But in time, as hard as it was, I knew it was the right thing to do.

June 20, 2012
While talking with an old friend today, (I won’t name him, it makes him giddy) I realized that life, & situations in life, is a lot like playing poker.  You can’t control the cards you are dealt, you can’t change your hand.  You can fold or you can go all in.  You can play for as high of stakes as you want.  You just want to have the best hand, or be in the best position, when it’s time to show.

I have several letters to reply to.  My hand isn’t used to the pen and paper.  Wish I had a keyboard and monitor.

I know it’s a tad past due, but man wouldn’t it have been nice if you would’ve put about $100 on the Kings to win it all?

I too, like Dr. Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory.  Long for the day when we’ll have a society that no longer looks down upon the differently uvulated.  I’m certain that I’m the only one reading this who has bitten theirs.

June 21, 2012
A very Happy Anniversary to my parents.  38 years.  Here’s to 38 more.

June 22, 2012
One of my closest friends doesn’t like Stevie Ray Vaughn, James Taylor, or Eric Clapton.  I may need to re-evaluate my friend checklist curriculum.

June 24, 2012
So good to spend some time with the Huckaby’s & Mom today.  Laughter is the best medicine.

June 25, 2012
If there is one thing Robin & I can agree on every single time, it’s that tis the season of the Olympics…… and it’s the most wonderful time of the year. (At least every even year!)

I know this one guy, he’s an alright guy I suppose.  But he plays poker barefoot.  And that’s gross, and weird, and possibly provides a window to his orientation.

At the end of every Big Bang Theory episode, after the credits roll, there is a white screen of writings.  If you watch the show & have the ability to pause, you should utilize the pause & read it.  Funny stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment