Saturday, March 29, 2014

March 2014



Late March 2014
One memory I have from growing up was listening to all the ‘teachers’ in the family tell about the unique and unusual names they had come across in their circles of students.  I’ll start with the twin girls called Irene and Urene but spelled Irine and Urine.  There were the brothers with the infamous names of Lemongello and Orangello.  Wait, slow down and read those names again.  Could they originate from lemon jello and orange jello? I’m not sure I ever believed that Nosmo King was a real name.   Anyway, I have had an opportunity to peruse the inmate log here in the library and I now have some interesting names to add to the conversation.  I’ll start with these: Delivetrick, Diaquan, Chaunquinn, Dezmon Reup, Pamplin, Audith.  There are brothers: Ural & Eula, and Breshon & Laquentes.  I must include these more complete names which just roll off the tongue better when together: Felicien Baongoli and my personal favorite – Jacdouglas Buford.  More to come another day.

Today, you should play an old one from Aerosmith.  “Home Sweet Home,”  because that’s where I want to be.  And I like the tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment