Thursday, February 27, 2014

Late February 2014



Greetings:
I have been away for a while, away from blogging that is.  A lot has happened since my last real post.  I hope the “summer of ‘93” was enough to hold you over.  Not my best work, but it was fun to reminisce.

 Okay. Since the summer of ’13 has come and gone, we have endured a 9 week lockdown, I got a new ‘cellie’, I got a new job, and I am currently awaiting a new cell assignment.  My new job, a very much awaited answered prayer, is in the library.  It’s actually in the library.  I work most of the day and am gone from the pod for most of the day which is a big change from the doing nothing that I had been used to.  I keep the shelves nice and organized, and I check the books out and in on the computer in an ACCESS program.  I get to create Excel spreadsheets and forms.  It really feels somewhat normal.  Not the hardest job I’ve ever had.  But I sure can’t wait to get here in the mornings and sometimes don’t want to leave when it’s time to go home.  Oh well, that’s good I suppose.  Thank you for all the prayers regarding my “job search”.  I know there were a lot put up for me.

Today’s song has to be “Spoon Man” by Soundgarden.  I don’t know the album or even how new it may be, but it’s been stuck in my head ever since the first time I heard it a month or so ago.  And while I’m thinking of it, go ahead and put Led Zepplin’s “Good Times Bad Times” on your playlist too.  Always a favorite and every time I hear it on the American Hustle preview it makes me miss Buford.  Good times indeed.
I know this probably won’t get posted until after the Super Bowl, but how ‘bout them Broncos!   If you were able to watch “The Book of Manning” on ESPN a few months back, or were able to read the Sports Illustrated article naming Peyton Sportsman of the Year and could come away from that still not a fan, then you might need to seek some form of mental evaluation.  An all around great person. I wish him the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment