Friday, February 7, 2014

February 2014



Continuing to the end of - The Summer of 1993

 The most important lesson I learned that summer is how much can change when you’re gone.  See, when I left home that summer, home was in Bolivar.  Home was 3 brothers, mom, & dad, familiar friends, and familiar church.  But when it was time to come home, home was moving.  I returned from Georgia to go to basketball camp with Chester County, not Bolivar.  I came back & lived with Pops & Meenaw, not mom and dad.  And in November when mom & dad finally did move to Henderson, it was with only 2 brothers because Rob was in college.  Home had relocated.  New friends.  New church.  New life.

 I learned a lot of lessons in the summer of ’93.  But learning to adapt and grow with your surroundings no matter who or what they are, and surviving, is the one I continue to use today.  And the lesson about how much can change while you’re gone, well, I guess I’ll look forward to learning that one again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment