Thursday, May 23, 2013

May 2013

Once again I have taken a hiatus on writing.  For what it’s worth, I do spend a lot of time “thinking” about writing.  I just find it hard to pick up the pen.  I keep saying and thinking I’ll do better, but who knows.  All of the puzzles & games I receive in the mail are really appreciated as they give me something to exercise the mind.  I enjoy them and wanted to say thanks.

This prison has a “no pork” policy.  It is against the beliefs of Muslims to eat pork.  However, it is also against their beliefs to sit at a table while you eat pork.  So this prison has long ago adopted a “no pork” policy in its chow hall.  Most if not all the other Tennessee prisons still serve pork.  I just thought it odd.  We do have a lot of turkey posing other things.  Turkey bologna, turkey ham, ground turkey in stir fry or spaghetti.  No turkey bacon though.

  I recently had the opportunity to sit with Rob, Roy, & Mark all at the same tmie.  It had nearly been 2 years since that happened (Labor Day reunion ’11).  We ate and talked and laughed, and played.  Almost normal.  We got our picture made, and no one complained, which may have been the most abnormal part of the day.  Sure was good to get together.  Maybe another few years will fly by and we can gather as a whole family, and eat some barbeque. Pork!

No comments:

Post a Comment