Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April 2013



Rumor has it that Mark is planning a visit Mother’s Day weekend.  Looking forward to seeing him.  It will have been nearly 2 years.  Wow, that seems even longer now that it’s written down rather than just a passing thought.  Looking forward to that visit, as I do them all.

Today’s tune is “Lightning Crashes” by Live.  It takes me back to Tim Neal’s Silverado.  That song was always playing.  We were on our way to play golf, or to pick up our dates.  A long time ago, but clear as a bell.  Why do we have to grow up? 

I cannot wait to watch the Masters.  Another Good Friday golf outing opportunity has come & gone, and honestly, it failed to cross my mind until a few days later.  That is hard for me to believe.  It’s good though.  One day, we shall play.

I saw this somewhere & thought it was worth noting, “Lord, make me the man my dog thinks I am.”  As a dog lover, I understand.  As a man, I’ve got a lot of room for improvement.

I haven’t written as much lately as I should.  And that’s both the blog & replies to letters & cards.  Just haven’t had much to say.  I feel like this time I have is sort of a gift.  Time to reflect, time to grow, time to improve.  I have to somehow figure out who & what I will be once this journey ends.  Now that’s a daunting task.  One that I am trying to embrace.  Changing, whether physically or spiritually, is rarely easy.  But it is necessary.  What lies ahead is the unknown.  But if I can get through today, then it’s a battle won.  Looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment