Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Mid December 2012



12-12-12
I guess at twelve minutes and twelve seconds past noon today there will be a magical moment that will not happen again for one thousand years.  Well, by my calculations that’s about the time I hit my funny bone while sitting down to play a game of chess.  And if it’s a thousand more years before that happens again, I think I’ll be okay with it.
The concert on AMC tonight was very good.  The Who, The Stones, Eric Clapton, and many more.  I didn’t know it was on AMC, and had looked for it on the major networks earlier, but now I’m glad I’m a big channel surfer.

12-13-12
Got moved this morning.  My cellie went to the hole for 15 days and rather than wait to see who I would get stuck with,  I put in a request to move in with another young white male who is quiet and knows how to be respectful.  Plus it’s on the top tier so maybe it will be warmer.  Wish me luck.

12-14-13
It is warmer.  And I can even see the road & the parking lot from my window.  Much better than the view I’ve had which was the neighboring pod.   Moving on up.
Here we are.  Merely a week away from the end of the Mayan calendar.  Some say it will be the end of the world.  I say, if the Mayans were so good at determining the end of the world, how come there aren’t any Mayans still around?  But today we should still listen to the song “End of the World” by REM.  I don’t remember the album, but I do know that IF   “It’s the end of the world as we know it,”  Then  “and I feel fine!”  At least I feel better than the Mayans.


12-16-12
We got to see “The Watch” today.  That was not at all what I expected it to be, but it was funny.  Good movie.
I’m too good at my job.  I can only have 10 books out at any given time and if they’re all checked out, there’s really not much I can do.  Sigh!  Why do I have to be such a good librarian?

12-18-12
I get a lot of requests for the Wheel of Time book series by Robert Jordan.  Are they good?  It doesn’t look like something I would care about reading at all.  I guess if I’m asked about them they must be good, or interesting.  But I can’t seem to get the drive to even attempt to start on them.  Maybe it’s because I don’t want to put that much effort into it.  That’s a big commitment.  13 or so books.  Maybe one day I suppose.  But not today.

All is right in the world.  I say today that my beloved Blue Devils have once again risen to the top.  And this time it was with some big wins.  Wish I had my Duke hoodie!

No comments:

Post a Comment