Sunday, February 10, 2013

Mid January(2) 2013

I’ve always had a mild fascination with Native Americans, or the culture really.  Not sure why.  I know that “Dances with Wolves” & “Last of the Mohicans” are two of my favorite movies.  I think it’s easy to romanticize the culture, but in fact, they were treated horribly.  Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds’s “Don’t Drink the Water” on VH1 Storytellers is a dark song that describes the carefree attitude with which the genocide was carried out.  They got a raw deal.  In fact, they didn’t get a “deal” at all.  Just my thoughts today.  Also, I’ve never been very flexible so I don’t really care for their style of sitting.  And now that I think of it, I never liked their burns either.  But I’m pro”Indian” everything else.

I don’t believe Duke will have the success they desire this year unless we get a healthy Ryan Kelley back.  Reminds me of Kyrie Irving’s injury a couple of years ago.  I know the North Carolina games loom ahead.  Maybe there’s time.  I hope so.  Go Blue Devils.

I can’t believe I missed Robin’s BIG birthday.  I’m sure she got harassed, but nowhere near as good as I would have done.  I guess I’ll get you in 10.  Happy belated.
Winter is here.  It’s quite chilly.  Makes me want a bonfire and some hot chocolate.  It’s days like this that I really hated to go outside to smoke.  I mean, I still did it, but complained about it.

I don’t think there is anybody more excited about the Chester County Independent including the TV guide than I am.  Well, me and everybody else in my pod.  I tear it out and stick it to my door, which has greatly increased the amount of traffic my door, sees.  Mr. Popularity?  No, but it’s nice to have a popular, useful item that might be taken for granted in a different setting.  I hope they continue to include them.  Thanks Ed Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment